Sunday, March 13, 2011

Emma's Butterfly Room Decor

For my daughter's bedroom, her decor is butterflies and Precious Moments! So I made this mobile out of white paper with some pink and green pieces scattered throughout! It was so easy. I just took to sticks, and put them in a cross and hot glued them in the middle! I then tied twine on each end and tied the other end of each twine all together to hang on a ceiling hook!Then I drew a shap of a butterfly that I liked and cut it out af a heavier cardstock to use as my pattern! I then cut out, I don't know and exact number, probably 50 white, 10 pink and 10 green butterflys!Off each of the four sticks, I tied different lengths of thick cream colored string. And in each butterfly I hole punch two holes. I then strung on the butterflies, randomly! The holes in the butterflies were about the same size as the string, so no tieing or glueing was needed, the butterflies, just stay on all by themselves! I then tied a small knot at the end of each string. At the end I bent the butterfly wings in and out to look like they are flying! I love it!After the butterfly mobile, I decided to make some more, in different colors from around her room, and different sizes! I put some ribbon tape on the spine of the butterfly and put them on the wall and folded their wings out! so simple so cute

No comments:

Post a Comment